New Leader and Executive selected for North Northamptonshire Council
The leader of the newly created North Northamptonshire Council has been formally announced as Cllr Jason Smithers following the first annual meeting of the authority.
The meeting, which was held last night (Wednesday, May 26) at Kettering Conference Centre, also saw Cllr Helen Howell declared as deputy leader of the council.
Cllr Smithers has also selected the council's first Executive, which provides strategic leadership to the authority.
The Executive team (and its portfolios) is comprised of:
- Leader of the Council, Councillor Jason Smithers
- Sport, Leisure, Culture and Tourism, Councillor Helen Howell (Deputy Leader)
- Adults, Health and Wellbeing, Councillor Helen Harrison
- Children, Families, Education and Skills, Councillor Scott Edwards
- Climate and Green Environment, Councillor Harriet Pentland
- Finance and Transformation, Councillor Lloyd Bunday
- Growth and Regeneration, Councillor Steven North
- Highways, Travel and Assets, Councillor Graham Lawman
- Housing and Community, Councillor Andy Mercer
- Rural Communities and Localism, Councillor David Howes
Posted: Thu, 27 May 2021 10:06 by Hanneke Soans